Founded in 1994, InnovMetric pioneered the market for point cloud inspection and reverse engineering software solutions. InnovMetric is a privately owned company that enjoys an enviable position as the market leader in point cloud processing software in the automotive and aeronautic industries.
Today, PolyWorks licenses are at work daily in more than 30 countries, providing users such as BMW, Boeing, Daimler-Chrysler, Ford, GM, Honda, Hyundai, Lockheed-Martin, Peugeot, Porsche, Rolls Royce, Toyota, and Volkswagen with the most complete, accurate, and robust 3D point cloud processing, inspection and reverse engineering software solution on the market.
The advantages of PolyWorks software:
- Supports major brands of articulated arms, optically-tracked handheld devices, laser trackers, industrial theodolites, and manual CMMs
- Real time quality meshing – builds a polygon mesh as it is captured
- Feature based inspection
- Powerful GD&T Tools
- Meshes very thin objects and parts
- Produces polygons that are more accurate than the scanner measurements
- Supports very large datasets without point sampling
- Most advanced point cloud inspection techniques for alignment, feature extraction & fitting and automation
- PolyWorks|Talisman™ – a free app for Apple & Android mobile devices that allow the user to remotely control PolyWorks®.
- Efficient workflow & easy configuration for geometry reporting, including automatic and industry standard sampling
PolyWorks|Inspector™, the flagship product, is a powerful module that uses high-density point clouds to manage the quality of castings/dies/moulds, and to approve manufacturing processes through prototype, first-article, manufactured, and assembled parts inspection. PolyWorks® software offers a complete toolset for comparing forms and profiles (part-to-part and part-to-CAD), and includes the most complete GD&T analysis capabilities on the market, as well as the widest array of soft gauging tools.
PolyWorks® can execute entire inspection routines in one click of a mouse, thanks to a powerful macro-programming language that allows the easy creation of inspection scripts without any knowledge of computer programming languages.
PolyWorks|Modeler™, is a unique reverse-engineering module that produces highly accurate polygonal models and NURBS surfaces that are exportable to any CAD/CAM/CFD/FEA software for stringent manufacturing applications.
The success of PolyWorks® has been achieved by working closely with customers and developing hundreds of innovative application-driven tools that have led to faster and more accurate inspection and reverse engineering processes. InnovMetric’s approach is focused on its users constant feedback and on the ability of Innovmetric’s team to benefit users with the most complete, accurate and robust 3D point cloud processing software solution on the market.
Please view our PolyWorks Support FAQs page for information on system requirements & compatibility.
Please read our new features page for more information on the latest release.