When probing features, the deviation of their main characteristics expressed as form error is often a good indicator of potential issues, either on the actual shape or regarding the probing methodology. You can now choose to continuously display the actual probing results and statistics in the DRO until the next acquisition starts. This lets you always have the choice to review the statistics without having to perform additional actions to probe the next object.
Step by step: To display object results in the DRO until the next object acquisition:
- Choose the Tools > Optionsmenu item. The PolyWorks|Inspector Options dialog box opens.
- Navigate to the Display > Probing and Scanning > Digital Readout
- Select the Display object results until next acquisition
- On the next line, enter the number of seconds during which you want the results to be displayed for the last-probed object, once the probing session ends.
- Click the OKbutton to apply the changes and close the dialog box.
When a feature is measured within a probing session, the information in the DRO for the current object remains until the next acquisition starts. After probing the last feature in the session, the information in the DRO will disappear after the specified period.
NOTE: The Display object results until next acquisition option applies to features and comparison points that are manually probed.